Saturday, February 11, 2012

What's Your Tree?

I have recently been inspired by the story of Julia Butterfly Hill, a woman who, at my age, climbed nearly 200 feet in a redwood to live there until a logging company would promise to leave it alone (it took two years).  Her dedication and passion to her cause would put most evangelical Christians to shame.  On this video: Julia Butterfly Hill: What's Your Tree? she asks all of us to find our "tree", our inspiration that motivates each one of us to make a difference in the lives of others.

Would I live in a tree for two years?  Sounds like an adventure, but I'm not sure if that is the statement God wants me to make.  Would I sacrifice all earthly comforts, all my rights as an American citizen or even as a human, to stand up against what I know to be wrong and to serve those less fortunate than I?  I pray that I will have the strength.  I want to emulate Julia Butterfly Hill in her passionate determination, but for the cause of a different tree.  My "tree" is the one who hung on a tree for a day for my sake: the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. man i guess nothing interesting enough to blog about is happening in your life..no crazy trips to alaska...no weddings...must be boring being you

    ReplyDelete